*Toor dal - 1/2 cup
*Green chilly - 3
*Ginger - 1 small piece
*Tumeric powder - 1tsp
*Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
* Cook toor dal in a pressure cooker with turmeric powder and blend well..
* Grind ginger and green chilly to a fine paste..
* Take 2 cups of water,a pinch of turmeric powder, salt, ginger-chilly paste,curry leaves and coriander leaves.
* Boil well until you can smell ginger-chilly flavour then add cooked toor dal with some water. Remove from flame and add lemon juice.
* Season with mustard and asafotida in oil.
Pls note :
* Do not add lemon juice while rasam is boiling and don't reheat it after adding lemon juice..