Vepampoo is nothing but Neemflower which is used Indian Ayurvedic Medicine. I make it quite often and it is favourite in our family. It is healthy and very good for stomach.. So here goes the recipe..
* Dried neem flower: 2 Tbsp
* Toor Dal : 1/2 cup(cook with lots of water)
* Tamarind : 1 lemon size(soaked in water)
* Tomatoes : 3nos
* Rasam powder : 1tsp
* Turmeric : a pinch
* Asafotida : a pinch
* Salt : to taste
* Mustard seeds : 1Tsp
* Red chilly : 2 nos
* Ghee : 2tbsp
curry leaves and coriander leaves for garnishing
* Boil together the tamarind water,turmeric powder,salt,asafotida,chopped tomatoes
* Add rasam powder and let it boil for few more minutes.
* Then add dal water and curry ,coriander leaves and simmer for 5mts on low flame and switch off fire.
* Take a kadai add ghee, when it is hot put mustard and red chilly then the vepampoo. Make sure that the entire vepampoo should be covered in ghee. Fry well until they turn dark brown.
* Now the authentic vepampoo rasam is ready to be served with white rice.